Saturday, October 24, 2009

A series of books

I have been working on a children's book for a very long time.
It is not the same children's book I started almost 10 years ago.
It is not even the same children's book I was working on 1 year ago.
But it has always been a children's book,
And it has always been luke warm on the back burner.

For financial reasons, the book idea has to stay on the back burner, but for personal reasons, that burner just got turned up to a simmer. Now all sorts of things are finding their way to the surface. Things I forgot were in the pot. Things I am excited about want to share with people.

This blog is my way of sharing these discoveries with you. I need people to bounce ideas off of and brag to. I need people to ask me how it's going and get excited about the progress I make. This blog will help keep me accountable and inspired.

For the time being, please consider this blog private. Do not link to it in your own blog, or discuss it with other people I know. Very few people know that I am moving forward with this project (only 7 in fact) and I would like to keep it that way.

If you are reading this, it is because I want you to be a part of this process. I am choosing to share this with you because I value your opinions, your criticisms, and the support you have offered in the past. It's not that I love the others less, I just need your informed opinions more than I need their curiosity and attention.

I have deleted all of my previous posts. This is the first entry in a new blog about finding the energy I need to fallow my creativity and ambition all the way to a finished product. This is day one... again.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Andy, you can always count on me. I look forward to being able to help you any way I can.

Anonymous said...

Ready...Set....Go!

Alyssahen said...

Better late then never, right? I'm here for you!